We are Herman RVs d.o.o., We are based at Ulica ob gozdu 6, SI-3000 Celje, Slovenia. Our production facilities are located at Na vasi 4, SI-3205 Vitanje, Slovenia. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about data protection, or if you have any requests for resolving issues with your personal data.
In this privacy notice we describe:
* The ways we collect personal data about you when you are an existing customer or a business contact, or when you visit our website, and why we do so.
* How we use your personal data, and
* The choices you have about your personal data.
As a controller, we are committed to a lawful, fair and transparent processing of personal data, adhering to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
1. The data we process
- Name. We collect the given names (first name, family name) of customers, and of contacts when they express interest in our services or sign up for our newsletter.
- Email address. We collect the email address of customers, and of contacts when they express interest in our services or when they sign up for our newsletter.
- Postal address. We collect the postal address of customers and of business contact when they provide it to us or when it is generally made available.
- Telephone number. We collect the phone numbers of customers and of contacts when they express interest in our services and share that information.
We collect the data for our database, including any personal data contained therein directly from the data subject, who provides it to us.
2. What do we use the data for, and on what legal basis
We use the data under 1.:
- To contact our customers and business contacts for marketing and sales, including by email, phone and occasional direct mailings by post.
- A newsletter we periodically send to all our subscribers. Within each newsletter e-mail, an opt-out link is provided.
- To provide sales and technical support for customers, both new and existing.
We base our processing on consent of the data subject for marketing and sales, and for our newsletter. For sales and technical support, we process data on the basis of our customer’s contract with us, or if they are not the contract partner, the legitimate interest of us and our contract partner to be able to perform the contract in an efficient manner.
3. Who we share data with
We do not actively share data with any third-parties, other than processors acting on our behalf:
- Google Inc. for our website analytics.
4. How long and where do we store data
- We periodically review the relevancy of marketing and sales information. Because customers and contacts generally stay on with business for a long time, we may store their information for a long time as well.
- We store newsletter subscriber information until such subscriber indicates they no longer want to receive the newsletter.
- We store customer information for at least 7 years to be able to meet our obligations to keep accurate records for the tax authorities.
- We store website analytics data for up to 5 years to be able to analyze trends.
5. How do we protect data
Taking into account the nature, scope, context and purpose of the processing, we have taken the following technical and organizational measures:
- Our database, and the information contained therein, is protected with access control.
- Access to the database is limited, not all staff in our organization have full access.
- Data submitted via our website is not encrypted in transit.
We do not actively monitor the security of our database and need to rely on our processors to notify us of any data breaches.
6. Transfer of your personal data
You should also know that your personal data may be transferred from your home country to third parties. If you are an EU resident, this could imply that we also transfer data to countries that do not offer an adequate level of protection for your personal data. When we transfer this data, we will do so only when we have put in place appropriate safeguards to protect your personal data. Please contact us to get a copy of the safeguards that we have put in place. Our contact details are at the bottom of this text.
7. Your Rights
You have the right to request access to your personal data that we process. You also have the right to:
- Rectify incorrect personal data or erase it in certain circumstances.
- Restrict or object to the processing of your personal data.
- Receive your data so that you can use it elsewhere (data portability).
Where we process data based on your consent, you also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time but we would like to point out that this does not affect the lawfulness of the processing before the date that you withdrew your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please write us at privacy@herman-rvs. We will respond to all requests within a reasonable timeframe. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local EU data protection authority for unresolved complaints.
8. Cookies and other technologies
We use Google for website analytics. When you visit our website, Google places cookies, and processes your personal data, to provide analytics services. You can disable cookies in your browser settings.
- _gat: data is stored for 1 minute, placed bij Google Inc.
- _ga: data is stored 2 years from set/update, placed by Google Inc.
We use Google Analytics. This is a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. to count visitors to our websites and analyse their usage of the site to help us determine the value of our content to our users. www.google.com/policies/privacy.
9. Version information
This policy was last updated on 4th June 2019.
It can be viewed on: https://www.herman-rvs.com/privacy-policy/